Roupya Bhasma also called Rajat Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Silver. It is used in the treatment of memory loss, dizziness, excessive thirst, diabetes etc. Roupya Bhasma acts as an anthelmintic and hence used to cure diseases of uterus, dyspepsia, anemia, jaundice, piles, inflammation & debility.
It is useful to treat all types of Pramehas, skin diseases, Anemia. Kidney stone.
Synonyms: Roupya Bhasma, Chandi Bhasma in Hindi.
Roupya Bhasma (Rajat Bhasma) Uses:
- It is astringent, sweet – sour in nature and taste. It is natural coolant.
- It has scraping quality, hence useful in cardiovascular diseases.
- It improves skin complexion, digestion power, body strength, immunity and intelligence.
- It is an excellent rejuvenating and anti-aging medicine.
- It relieves burning sensation, used in treating memory loss, dizziness, excessive thirst, diabetes, Cachexia, Tissue wasting, Urinary disorders, Alcoholism, Poisoning, Fever, Uterine disorder, Epilepsy.
- This is used in the treatment of menorrhagia and vomiting blood and is prescribed in vomiting and diarrhea due to nervous excitement.
- Effective in Parkinson’s disease, tremors, mania, and depression.
Tridosha Effects – Balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
Chemical composition: Silver – Ag
Roupya Bhasma Dosage:
125 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with Chitraka Mula Kashaya (lead wort), Parpataka Kashaya, Ushiraa Kashaya, Brahmi juice extract, Honey etc, based on disease treated. Each capsule contains 100 milligrams of Raupya Bhasma. So, the dose is 1 capsule once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by a doctor.
Roupya Bhasma Side Effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is not at all recommended.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects.
- This medicine should be taken in precise dose and for a limited period of time, as advised by a doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Rajata Bhasma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
Purified Silver pieces are made into fine powder by grinding and added with Swarna Makshika Bhasma (Copper Iron Pyrite), ground with Arka latex (Calotropis Procera), heated in absence of air in 400 – 500 degree Celsius, for 2 – 3 hours. This process is repeated for three times.